Digital Citizenship Library
The country's digital policy arises from the Uruguay Digital Agenda, a document that establishes, prioritizes, articulates and disseminates the development initiatives of the Information and Knowledge Society through a national vision, accompanied by monitoring mechanisms and sustainability that ensure its continuity and projection.
AGESIC is one of the institutions responsible for the development of the digital policy of the State and of Digital Uruguay. Each of the projects are expressed in agendas and action plans that we can all access. In addition, it is responsible for generating guides and procedures to promote the progress of the Digital Government throughout the Public Administration.
Based on this Agenda, AGESIC has developed a 2020 Digital Government Plan, which establishes the course of priority initiatives and projects to advance comprehensively in the digital transformation of the Uruguayan government. AGESIC's work is organized following the six main areas of action indicated in this document:
- Close Government. It works to universalize the digital relationship between people and the State, provide people and businesses with comprehensive and unified access to the services of the Central Administration, as well as promote the transformation of public services based on the development of new systems national information, focused on citizenship.
- Open Government. The objective of the Open Government is to promote the pillars of transparency, collaboration and citizen participation. For this, the agency works to facilitate access to public information through its publication in an accessible and open way, build a participatory and collaborative government and boost the availability of open data by default.
- Smart Government. AGESIC works to strengthen evidence-based decision-making mechanisms, develop predictive analytical platforms and models for the design of proactive services and smart cities, and implement new services based on the intensive use of data and emerging technologies.
- Efficient Government. Among the tasks of the agency are to develop the bases of the management systems that simplify and unify the transversal processes to each State agency so that they provide better services, optimize the administrative and documentary management processes, promote the development of services and assets of shared technology and advance in the digitalization of public records management.
- Integrated Government. One of the objectives of AGESIC is to achieve technological integration between the different organizations, as well as the integration between the State, citizens, industry and academia. For this, the agency works to evolve the digital government platform, promote the development of new interoperability platforms in strategic sectors and implement a data architecture that supports the organizational interoperability of government.
- Reliable Digital Government. AGESIC has the mission of responding to the threats and challenges that arise with the development of digital technologies, strengthening the cybersecurity ecosystem of Uruguay, promoting risk management and operational continuity, universalizing electronic identification and adapting and updating the regulatory framework to accompany the development of the Digital Government.
What is public information?
It is all that information that is generated or is in the possession of any public body. Except for the exceptions established by law, all this type of information can be requested from such organizations free of charge and as a counterpart, a complete, truthful and adequate response must be received within the period established by law (20 business days).
What information should a request for access to Public Information have?
Name of the Agency: to which the request is to be directed.
Data of the applicant: name, surname, ID number and address, so that the agency can respond.
If the applicant is a legal person: denomination, RUT, address, identity of the representative.
Information requested under the law N ° 18.381: description of the information requested and incorporate if it has any data that helps the agency to locate this information.
Clarify the support in which it is preferred to receive the material: copy on CD, DVD, email, printed on paper or others that the applicant may require.
Source of information: Click here