BPMN is a set of tools which facilitate the business processes' management for each one of the stages of its life cycle: Design, Execution, Monitoring and Analysis.
There are two types of BPMN:
- Human Centric BPMN: Focus in processes which involve manual activities executed by people.
- Integration Centric BPMN: Focus in processes which involve application's integration (human interactions are carried out in back-end systems).
According to studies carried out by Forrester, the BPMN market in the world will go on growing continuously until year 2011:
Implementing tools such as the BPMN entails numerous benefits:
- Implementation of “cross-functional” processes in an agile and effective way.
- Integration of the business' information scattered in different systems.
- Participation of users in all the stages of the processes' life cycle (design, execution, monitoring and evolution).
- Monitoring of the fulfilment of the business' key factors.
- Means for the continuous improvement and efficiency of the business processes.
- Improvement of IT answer times in case of changes and requirements:
- Higher quickness in the incorporation of improvements for business processes.
- Time reduction to less than half time, in the incorporation of new functionalities.