Sports National Secretariat Highlights Benefits of Using ApiaTrámites
The agency finished 2019 year having 100% of its procedures available online.
The Sports National Secretariat (SNDEPORTE for its acronym in Spanish) finished 2019 having 100% of its procedures available to be performed online through the Uruguayan State procedure portal (www.trámites.gub.uy.) This is part of the progress made along with STATUM and the Agency for eGovernment, Information and Knowledge Society (AGESIC for its acronym in Spanish) to allow citizens to complete procedures from home.
Roland Giménez, Head of the IT Department, commented that implementing ApiaTrámites -tool developed by STATUM- "brought tangible benefits in order and efficiency." In his opinion, joining the Online Procedures program and using ApiaTrámites "not only made it possible to perform procedures from home for people who otherwise should travel a distance, but also allowed to expand the processes within the agency and get the appropriate sectors more involved with each procedure.
ApiaTrámites is currently being used in 16 procedures:
- Sport Courses Approved by SNDEPORTES Information Annual Update
- Information Update at the Register of Sport Institutions
- Sportsman/woman Card
- Submit Professional Sports Institutions Approved Balance Sheets
- Submit Affidavit on Sportsmen/women Transfer
- Sports Entity Recognition
- Official Recognition and Supervision of Sport Technical Courses
- Sport Institutions Register
- Renewal of Sport Technical Courses Official Recognition
- Request for Financial Support
- Request for Scholarship for ACJ Physical Education Degree Course
- Declaration of Interest Request
- Report on National Representation Sport Events Request
- Payment Request from International Affiliations to Federations
- Request for the Promotion of a Project for Sport Development
During the system implementation process, officers of the agency received mandatory training.
"Work has been fluent. STATUM has contributed knowledge on the tool and experience in the implementation of different processes over the course of the project", stated Giménez, and added: "ApiaTrámites is an excellent support tool for the agency and its processes. It is ideal for the communication of reliable information from citizens to State".
ApiaTrámites is a platform fully aligned with Agesic's Online Procedures model, that allows implementing Online Procedures for the interaction between agency and citizens in an easy, intuitive and dynamic way. Its "agile methodology" allows officers to get involved in the definition and parameterization of procedures and thus learn enough about the tool to perform maintenance tasks on their own.