New Procedure Developed with Apia Technology Released
In December, the Ministry of Industry, Energy and Mining (MIEM as for its acronym in Spanish) along with the National Directorate of Telecommunications (DINATEL) released a call for communication means from outside the capital city of Uruguay to register for official publishing.
According to Act N° 19,924 of December 2020, public entities are required to publish part of their advertising in communication means of outside the country's capital city. To comply with this, an online procedure developed with Apia technology was implemented.
In order for these entities to register, an affidavit must be provided through the online procedure.
"Affidavits will be updated annually. MIEM and DINATEL will validate them and update the public list of communication means from outside the capital," reported MIEM in a press release.
This register is available for AM and FM commercial radio broadcasts, community radio broadcasts, open commercial TV signals and TV signals for subscribers, as well as paper print journals.
"The companies must be legally constituted in the country and have the appropriate permissions to carry out their activities, as well as comply with all the applicable regulations," added the Government.
To complete this online procedure, the following information must be provided:
- Address of the company and service coverage area
- Mode of communication and type of production
- List of the independent producers that create audiovisual or graphic contents for the declaring company.
- If the communication means has coverage in the capital city, it must be declared if the contents are clearly and mainly addressed to residents from outside the capital.
- In the case of audiovisual means, a programming chart specifying type of production or program. In the case of written press, the programming chart must include the sections.
- Active RUPE identification number
- Proof that DGI and BPS payments are in due.