Apia 2.4 version has a wide range of new functionalities, which have been added to the ones that already exist, making it easier to work in Apia BMPS. Apia Online has been updated; this service is provided based on Apia 2.4.
Next, functionalities added in Apia 2.4 version are detailed. For each item, apart from the description, there is a link to see more information in STATUM’s knowledge base.
- BPMN processes design. BPMN, Business Process Management Notation, is a standard graphic notation to define business processes. It uses standard symbols. A new functionality has been added in Apia that meets BPMN specifications; it is possible importing and exporting processes and debugging processes. [ATI01570 ] Datasheet "BPMN processes design
- Import XPDL. The new BPMN processes design functionality allows importing in Apia definitions of processes stored in XPDL format (XML Process Definition Language). Since XPDL is a standard format, it is possible importing business processes defined in other tools, Facilis BPMN Modeler, for instance.
- BPMN processes import and export. Processes that have been created in Apia can be exported and imported with BPMN technology. The functionality is available through Apia Configuration Manager; for processes selected, all the necessary elements will be exported, after importing in the new environment or system, processes can be used. [ AFC00469 ] Import and Export of BPMN processes developed in Apia
- Dashboards and widgets. Apia’s Dashboards functionality allows generating control dashboards, which allow monitoring Widgets, indicators of visual information to users. Information displayed in a Dashboard is real time, extracted from several sources or databases and provide the user with full knowledge of how the company is doing. [ ANF00172 ] Creation of Dashboards in Apia
- Tasks Scheduler.Apia Task Scheduler allows activating a task after certain date and time; the task will appear in “Free” tasks list once the specified time and date has been reached. It is also possible consulting scheduled tasks and rescheduling them. Auditing functionality allows seeing which user modified the schedule, what and when was modified. [ ANF00202 ] Tasks scheduler
- Apia Communicator. This tool provides a chat, which allows Apia users to communicate, exchange documents and share tasks without having to leave the application. It has a record of chats. It is possible sending messages or functionalities. [ ANF00185 ] Apia Communicator
- Substitutions management.The new functionality allows assigning a substitute user for certain user, during certain period. It is also possible assigning a substitute to users of the hierarchical structure defined in Apia. [ ANF00173 ] Substitutions management
- Processes simulator. It is possible simulating the execution of one or several BPMN processes. After finishing the simulation a report is generated. By analyzing it, it is possible determining the ideal amount of resources to achieve the best benefits during the real execution. [ANF00178 ] Processes simulator
- Apia Debugger. This new functionality allows the user visualizing the flow path of a process, determined by attributes values. During the execution the user may specify a series of breakpoints, where he can see and alter values of different attributes, modifying the process flow. [ ANF00180 ] Apia Debugger
- Functionalities translation. The new Translation functionality allows translating the name and tooltips of processes, attributes, entities, forms and tasks. It is also possible translating functionalities, columns and user query filters, status and classifications. It can be translated into any of the languages that exist in the application. When showing an object, Apia takes the translation of the language in which the user logged in. [ ANF00145 ] New functionality that allows translating contents
- Business rule business class. This new type of business class allows a business rule created by DROOLS to be executed from Apia, enabling calling a business rules engine external to Apia. [ ATI01562 ] “Business Rule Business Class Design” Datasheet
- Apia Portlets. It is possible accessing Apia from an applications portlet, thanks to the generation of a standard html code. This is done by using portlet PortletBridge. [ ANF00175 ] ApiaPortlets