Ministry of Tourism highlights cooperation with STATUM for implementation of ApiaDocumentum and ApiaTramites
The portfolio is one of the four ministries that achieved the goal of the Online Procedures Program
The Ministry of Tourism is one of the four portfolios that reached the goal of the Online Procedures Program; in other words, 100% of its procedures are available on the Uruguayan State unified procedures portal (www.trámites.gub.uy). Likewise, it has also joined the Electronic File project to continue working for a state without papers.
To meet these objectives, the Ministry of Tourism has worked together with STATUM, developer of both platforms, in a synergy that Carlos Berruti, the organisation's director of information technology, has described as "cooperative".
Asked about the main contributions that the Ministry of Tourism receives thanks to the use of ApiaTramites and ApiaDocumentum, Berruti highlighted: "Transparency in management, security in processes and the gradual elimination of paper."
And he added: “Our implementations were relatively fast; in the course of a year, approximately. At ApiaDocumentum we have been working at full capacity since it was put into production; At ApiaTramites we are still finishing fine-tuning details ”.
Currently, ApiaTramites collaborates with the monitoring of 23 procedures:
- Declaration of interest.
- Request for Face-to-Face Brochure Service.
- IMESI Exoneration Request.
- Request for Videos for Tourism Promotion.
- Complaint or Complaints of Tourist Services.
- Purchase of specifications.
- Request for Support to an Activity or Event.
- Authorizations of Tax Credits for Promoted Projects.
- Renewal of Guarantees / Policy.
- Request for in-person attention at the entrance table.
- Request for Brochures.
- Tour Operator Registration.
- Issuance of Registration Certificates.
- Update of Tour Operators Data.
- Lessors of Driverless Vehicles that Do Not Provide Tourist Services.
- Proxy Registration.
- Request for Face-to-Face Technical Advice Assistance.
- Request for Face-to-Face Attention of Operators Registry.
- Request for Photographic Material.
- Adequacy of the Guarantee Amount for Real Estate Agents.
- Cessation of Tour Operator
- File consultation.
- Presentation of Project Documents Promoted by the Executive Power.
During the processes for the implementation of the systems, the agency's personnel were trained on a mandatory basis.
By 2020, Berruti indicated that it is expected to update to ApiaDocumentum 2.0 to obtain usability improvements and new features that make daily operations more efficient.
ApiaTramites is the platform 100% adapted to the AGESIC Online Procedures Model, which allows the implementation of Online Procedures to be carried out easily, intuitively and dynamically for interaction between the citizen and the organization, with an "agile methodology" that allows the agency's own officials to get involved in the definition and parameterization of the procedures, appropriating the knowledge of the implementation for subsequent maintenance with their own resources.
For its part, ApiaDocumentum is a solution designed to manage files, documents and workflows, supported electronically. Its objective is to eliminate paper support, improve the quality of service and achieve transparency and democratization of information.