STATUM in 2009 won a tender in the Uruguayan government to provide a tool and implementation methodology for Management Document Management and Business Process statewide. The main features of this project are:
- Acquisition Software for managing electronic transactions and business processes in order to improve the management and transparency to citizenship. Abarca records and other public documents forms as notes, memoranda, resolutions, circulars, etc.
- Apia Apia Documentum based BPMS technology was selected in an international tender offers from over 15 to be implanted in more than 150 execution units, including ministries, autonomous, decentralized, etc. For more information you can access the site of the government agency in charge of the project.
- Model at the country level to eliminate paper, electronic records available online, improving management control, security through the use of certificates and digital signature, confidentiality and have a routing mechanism that allows traceability and electronic exchange of documents between state offices.
- The program ended in 2014 with the implementation throughout the Central Administration. In 2 years it has been already implemented in the Ministry of Industry, Ministry of Public Health, Institute of Child and Adolescent of Uruguay (INAU), Agency for the Development of Electronic Government and Information Society and Knowledge (AGESIC) , Central Bank of Uruguay, Office of Planning and Budget (OPP), National Business Registration System (SINARE), Ministry of Labour, National Institute of Colonization, Regulatory Services Unit Communications (URSEC) and is being implemented in Ministry of Interior, Ministry of Defence, Court of Auditors, etc.
- The model provides a quick implementation estimated at three months, including parameterisation tool and consulting services in management of cultural change and global communications in the body. The interesting thing is that the model has an entire e-Learning service that allows the body itself or external consultants to implement the project with full manufacturer independence in those periods. Currently the implementing are KPMG, Deloitte, CPA Ferrere, Advice, Quanam, Grand Thorton, etc.
- Another interesting feature of the model is being implemented on platform base 100% "open-source" mode and "Cloud Computing Hosting". The application servers are hosted on a supplier and all agencies have access to the Internet and / or RedUY. The fact that economy of scale and licensing makes it very attractive to governments in developing.
- This model is fully extended to other documentary forms and business processes through the Appian BPMS platform making organizations to begin automating their records electronically and depending on their progress and maturity can evolve into business processes, moving in line strategic to an organization managed by processes.
- This web-based technology, hosting, training and consulting model is tested, it is successful, it may be "unique" in the region, with a high impact on the political level, very low, high and quick returns of tangible investment (eg investment. elimination of paper) and intangible (eg. image to citizenship for speed and ease in processing, tracking them, improved management, time, time, etc.).